Dr. John Kenagy’s formula for saving healthcare one problem at a time is termed “Adaptive Design,” a set of methods, skills and tools designed to get healthcare back to the ideals of patient care by cultivating adaptability into the everyday work of the organization and its people.
Dr. Kenagy explains how. Here’s a preview:
1. Learn the five characteristics of great adaptive leaders. (p. 128)
2. Discover disruptive innovation. Will you be a disruptive innovator? Or will you be disrupted? (Chapter 5)
3. Explore principles for creating a safe, effective, learning laboratory and innovation incubator in every patient care environment. (p. 71-72)
4. Recognize the seven roadblocks to sustainable healthcare innovation and learn how to eliminate them. (p. 113-118)
5. Learn the keys to financial strength and stability in 21st Century healthcare. Does your strategy align? (p. 159)
The secret to success in 21st Century healthcare is no secret:
Get patients exactly what they need at continually lower cost.
It’s the way to fix healthcare.